Tuesday, February 4, 2014

All the Feels

   First off I just want to mention that is it raining and I do not have an umbrella. I also happen to be at the school that is a 20 minute walk from the train station. Joy. It is also cold again after a few days of almost spring like weather. Thanks for trolling us winter.

   I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for the many kind comments and messages sent to me. I really was not expecting them and I was a bit surprised by how many positive thoughts you sent my way. I can't say I believe you all and it is bit awkward to get those type of messages because I do not know how to appropriately respond, but thanks for the love and words of encouragement. They mean a lot.

   I am still trying to figure out exactly how to work on some of these issues...I don't really know how to begin on some of them. I've been following a meal plan the last few weeks and working out 4 or 5 times a week which is helping. I actually have already lost the weight I gained over the holidays plus some. I just started a coursera course on Finance that will hopefully give a deeper understanding of how it works. That is one of those life skills I feel I should have as an adult. I also need to learn how to say no to going out to eat with people more which is my default hang out idea. Now I just need to actually get the will to take a large chunk of money out of my paycheck and put it somewhere I can't touch every month. After a two month hiatus, I'm starting my tutoring again, which I have mixed feelings about. I really need someone who is more of a teacher, when I really just have a conversation partner that teachers me random grammar I need to know for a particular sentence.

   There are many things to look forward to the next few months which is motivation to keep going with all of these things. Rachel is coming back to Japan! Which means Okinawa trips with fun people, an ryokan girls weekend, and finally we are going to see Sumo after two years of trying. We also might go to Shikoku with a few friends coming in from Tokyo. Josh is applying for new jobs which might mean we get to move in the next few months! I am really unhappy with the area we live in and our apartment. I want an upgrade in a more central location.

Yay for happy things! Anything you are particularly happy about or looking forward to in the future?
Also for those people in Japan, do you have any ryokans that you would recommend? There are too many to choose from!

Suuuummmooooo

9 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all, I don't know what Bloglovin's problem is, because this is the first post notification I've received from your blog since December! What the what?!? I've missed so much! *kicks Bloglovin' in the throat* I read the comments from the 2014 list post, and I agree with everyone else. You are absolutely beautiful, and I hope that you will realize and accept that as fact. Because it is. Own it. (((hugs))) As for the financial, well, I like to spend money, so I am of no help there. lol! You have a pretty good game plan in place. Keep moving forward. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And again, it's K. Nicole. Blogger and Wordpress are not playing nice today. Don't know why it's using kerieos now. Ugh.

      Delete
    2. I use feedly and never have any problems, so don't know what would be the problem with bloglovin.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! It really sounds like your are figuring some things out...GANBARE! :) Hopefully you inspire me to work out more...I've been slacking since Christmas vacation. Enjoy your fun things coming up...I'm jealous about the sumo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get yourself some tickets then! I'm actually going on a weekday that I don't have classes in hopes it won't be as crowded.
      I'm probably not the best motivator because I hate every minute of exercising. I don't understand the girls who love running 10 miles a day.

      Delete
  3. Like the first commenter, this is the first notification for your blog I've received from bloglovin' since the 2014 list one. So annoying!
    Well done on following a meal plan. I should probably try something like that - I'm now the heaviest I've been since August, which admittedly is still less than when I started, but not good. Not good at all.

    Glad to hear you have things to look forward to.

    ~ Bevchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange. I don't actually use bloglovin so I'm not exactly sure how it works. I use feedly!
      The meal plan is really helping me because it has a calorie break down and serving sizes which a lot of cookbooks and food blogs don't have.

      Delete
  4. Woo sumo! I have also just bought some tickets to go see sumo! Sounds like you have lots to look forward too, trips to Okinawa and Shikoku will be good. I have been to both places and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This will be my first time to Okinawa so I'm fairly excited!

      Delete